Rules : Portable

Portable Engines


FleetCrew offers compliance assistance for fleets that must comply with the Portable Equipment Registration Program (PERP). This voluntary statewide system allows Owners or Operators of portable engines and certain other types of equipment (such as air compressors, generators, concrete pumps, tub grinders, wood chippers, water pumps, drill rigs, pile drivers, rock drills, abrasive blasters, aggregate screening and crushing plants, concrete batch plants, and welders), register their units under the Air Resources Board's (ARB) Statewide Portable Equipment Registration Program (PERP) in order to operate their equipment throughout California without having to obtain individual permits from any of California's 35 air quality management or air pollution control districts (air districts).

Registration is good for three years from the month it was originally issued. All reporting is done on paper forms and mailed to the California Air Resources Board directly. Our emission consultants specialize in providing professional guidance and assistance in reporting your fleet and completing updates.

Our experienced emission consultants will walk you step-by-step to help:
  • Gather a complete non self-propelled inventory list, including all fuel types.
  • Determine your fleet’s specific compliance requirements at the air district & state level.
  • Help you understand engine tiers, phase out schedule and labelling requirements.
  • How to deal with emergency events and notification process.
  • How to complete the PERP application, registration and renewal process.
  • How to determine equipment unit eligibility and engine eligibility.
  • How to deal with flexibility and resident engines.
  • How to deal with inspection and reporting requirements.
Request More Information